4.28.2012

coping.

couple days ago my uncle lost his battle with cancer. he had very strained relationships with pretty much everyone in my family, however with the exception of one disagreement between us, we got along. maybe it was because we bonded over a j while listening to dead kennedys, sublime, agent orange, and black flag. or maybe because i took him to his favorite bar in newport so he wouldnt get drunk and argumentative where he was at at the time. can't change a person, so change their surroundings, I figured. he was always full of his fishing stories, as he did that professionally in Hawaii, and incredible surf stories with some pretty notable surfers. he had his problems, I have my own, I don't think anyone is without some sort of demons. but he never once judged me. he never once made me feel horrible about myself. i cant speak for everyone who knew him, but as far as our bond it was unlike any other. there is good in everyone if you just look past the bullshit. anyway, I'm glad he is no longer in pain. I will miss his quirkiness, and how he had to ask every stranger if they knew the Cisco kid. RIP Uncle Eric