9.20.2012

Daily Smoothie

It never fails: I always start my days with a smoothie. At first I would make the smoothies my mother would make for me as a child, then I started pulling up recipes with fruits and veggies I never had in a smoothie. After that I would just kinda throw together anything really.. from avocado smoothies to papaya smoothies.. and they always came out tasty, even the ones with tomatoes in it. I hate tomatoes in general so it was pretty surprising.

Here is today's smoothie.

Can you guess the main flavor for today? That's right..


KALE!! It's been all I've been craving as of late. I think my little unborn son loves his veggies :]



 I ended up forgetting the pineapple til after I started blending so this picture is kind of a lie..


 Fresh strawberries. I even made a little side dish of cut up strawberries with a little bit of sugar water in it. My taste buds are funky- sometimes they really love these false fruits, other times they can't stand the taste of it. Today is a good day though :]


 I always pour in the juice last before blending. Today's juice was pomegranate.And to make it thicker I throw in ice cubes as it's blending. Habit I guess.

My little food buddy loves breakfast time.. because he always gets to lick the yogurt spoon when I'm done :] For those that follow me on IG know that I have a weird little kitty on my hands: we enjoy midnight snacks together, cantaloupe being his absolute favorite!


sooo that's it for my daily smoothie today :]


PANDA WATCH:
I'm 38 weeks pregnant now and today we are off to see the midwife. Let's hope this little one doesn't come til his due date or afterwards.. I've been having a lot of close contractions! Fingers crossed <3