8.29.2012

And it begins!

Countdown 'til our at-home waterbirth!



I am extremely excited!! No, I'm not scared. It's something that I want to do. Plus the hypnobirthing classes got rid of any fear or anxiety I had deep down.

I'm even more comfortable knowing I have not one, but two professionals present, one being our midwife, and the other a doula & midwife in training.

My husband and I have some final purchases before we are all set: birth kit, a bunch of towels, and a shower curtain. Other than that I'd say we're pretty much on top of it all!

I've been taking evening primrose oil daily, but I think I'm gonna stop for now and start again in a couple weeks. I've been getting more Braxton Hicks throughout the day and I think that EPO may be the reason. We'll see I guess!

And finally after some convincing my best friend is throwing me a little baby shower. I'm not one for baby showers, bridal showers, bachelorette parties, big weddings, basically anything traditional that girls tend to go overboard with. But I have a feeling I'm going to like this one.

We already have hundreds of outfits so we don't need clothes. We already have all the disposable newborn diapers, then cloth diapers and waterproof covers to last us until he is 35 lbs, so won't be needing changing needs. Already have a 3-in-1 crib, changing table, drawer sets, swing, playpen, bassinet, carrier, Moses basket, car seat, stroller, high chair, glider, and ottoman so no need for any furnitures. I think all I really want is to just spend some time with close friends, maybe own faces in Mario Kart, eat some chicken from Raising Cane's, and have me a whoooole lotta cupcakes! Also the hostess/my bff's boyfriend is a mixologist and is making me my very own mommy mocktail! Super excited :)

I don't know what else I was going to write. I got distracted by the giraffes on the tv. Science channel or I Love Lucy. Every night. And pregnancy brain fog. Prego problems.